INFO 2 - WAKO Cadet / Junior World Championships 2018 Venice, Italy
For fighters who made the National / President Squads at the 2018 SA`s.
Should there be a national and a president`s squad member in the same
weight category the national squad member will get preference. Should you
be a member of the President`s team and the National team member is late
with the deposit the President`s team member will go.
However, with the Cadet / Junior Champs we are allowed to have two fighters
per weight division.
If more than two fighters per weight division send in their admin and
intention to attend, the third person will be notified that he/she
cannot be accommodated.
- The WAKO Cadet / Junior World Championships will be held in Palazzo Del
Turismo Jesolo, Venice - Italy. A very popular European holiday
- The championships will take place from 15 September to 23 September 2018.
We are planning to leave on 14 September 2018. We will be returning on 23
September and will be landing at OR Tambo the next day. These timings can
be changed but it gives you a good indication for your planning.
Categories of Participation Tatami Sport:
- Younger Cadets (age 10 to 12 on 16 Sep) and should be accompanied by a
parent/instructor/adult and may only do Semi Contact and Musical Forms.
- Older Cadets (age 13 to 15 on 16 Sep) and should be accompanied by
parent/instructor/adult) may do Musical Forms, Semi Contact Light Contact
and Kick Light.
- Juniors (age 16 to 18 on 16 Sep) and can be accompanied by
parent/instructor/adult and may do Musical Forms, Semi Contact, Light
Contact and Kick Light.
- You may do more than one Tatami style but do not attempt to do more than
Categories of Participation Ring Sport:
- Younger Juniors (age 15 to 16 on 16 Sep) may only do one of the
following; Full Contact, Low Kick or K1.
- Older Juniors (age 17 to 18 on 16 Sep) may only do one of the following;
Full Contact, Low Kick or K1.
- There may only be two fighters per weight, per division, per country. The
best of the best. This is why WAKO is the only official kickboxing
organization accepted by Sport accord, IWGA and by the IOC for the World
Combat Games. Taking the amount of divisions into consideration we can take
a large team to the champs. Weight divisions for the various categories can
be found on the WAKO web site.
- Every fighter must have the WAKO medical form completed by a medical
doctor who must sign and place the practice stamp on the form. It must also
be accompanied by a letter head of the doctor stating that the person may
do Kickboxing. The letter must be in English. No letter no participation.
Get this documentation completed by the end of August / beginning of
September just before we leave and keep it with you to be handed in at the
weigh - in.
Every fighter must have a medical that covers you internationally. A
travel and medical insurance will be compulsory for each fighter. This
will be included in the air fare.
- Only permanent passports are accepted with a 6 month or longer validity
after return. It must also have open pages for customs administration. A
copy must be scanned and e-mailed to me when paying your deposit.
No temporary passports will be accepted and should you not have a
passport, send the notice of application.
Unabridged Birth Certificate
- This is compulsory for all juniors under the age of 18. Send a copy here
of or proof of application with your deposit.
- The following are ESTIMATES and can change;
1. Air Fare; R15,000.00; should we get it cheaper we will do so. We will
not be flying around the world to get R500 off. We will be taking the
2. Entry Fee per person per division; 50 Euro. Should you participate in
two divisions it will be 100 Euro.
3. Accommodation; 70 Euro per person per day in a double room. 65 Euro per
person per day in a triple room. This includes breakfast and dinner.
4. Visa - Must be obtained by the Italian Embassy. We will come back to you
regarding this administration and fee to be paid.
5. Clothes; You need at least two track suits, four t-shirts and a sports
bag - R3,500.00. The amount of clothes you take will determine the final
6. Fighting equipment / clothing will be managed by Aslam because Top Ten
makes our fighting gear. This detail will be communicated to you later.
7. Admin fee; R1,000.00
8. Transport from the airport to the hotel and back will be plus minus 40
Euro per person depending on the size of the group.
9. Italy has a city tax which amounts to 2.50 euro per day per person
should you stay in a 4 star hotel and 1.50 euro should you stay in a 3 star
Please take note that things do go up and our Rand has become very weak.
The above amounts are estimates which can change. I will be informing you
when to pay what. The first payment will be the deposit.
Once a deposit is paid and you can no longer go to the event you lose
the full deposit. Once a deposit has been paid or initial
administration done it serves as proof that you have read this info
document. We have very little time to start paying accommodation and
air fare. Should a payment not be paid on the due date we will accept
the non-payment on due date as a declaration that you will no longer go
with and will lose all payments done to date.
- A deposit of R3,000 per person in attendance must be paid by 25 May 2018.
Your admin fee ( R1,000 ) will be deducted from here and the remaining
amount ( R2,000 ) will be used towards your air ticket deposit. Should the
air ticket deposit be more we will notify you asp. ONCE YOU HAVE PAID THE
DEPOSIT AND CANNOT GO NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON, YOU LOOSE THE FULL
DEPOSIT. The reason for this is that initial expenses must be undertaken to
organize such ventures.
Initial Admin Needed
- Admin needed by everyone intending to go by or before 25 May 2018;
- Names and Surname,
- Age as on 16 September 2018 and ID Number.
- Tel No / Fax No / Cell No / e-mail which is active and does not change
- Style of fighting / weight / age (the weight you give me is the weight
you fought on at the SA's and will be fighting in, we cannot change it once
we are there).
- Passport copy and unabridged certificate. Scan it and e-mail it.
- All the above must be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Should there be an instructor who has been active with SAKA and would
like to attend as a coach / manager or Referee / Judge contact me at
0837706022. President / National colours can be obtained for these
- All deposit payments (R3,000) must be made into the Kickboxer Account,
ABSA, Acc no 9054544918 by 25 May 2018 and the deposit slip sent to Pat at
above e-mail address. Put your name in the reference on the deposit slip
for me to see who paid. Expected payments to be done on the following
- 50% of accommodation by 15 June 2018.
- Air ticket deposit by 1 June 2018.
- Clothing payment will be communicated to you.
- Deposit payment by or before 25 May 2018.
- Remaining 50% accommodation payment by 10 August 2018.
- Final Air Fare payments will be liaised with you.
- Transport, city tax and entry fee will be paid at registration there.
Sponsorship Letters -
Will be sent to you once the deposit has been paid.
- We go as a team and return as a team. No breakaways.
- No funny money or voyager payment schemes. Air Fare to be paid into
Travel Agent's account. We will give you the date of payment and the
- When doing a cash or cheque payment you must include the bank fees.
Should you not do it I will have to deduct it from the R2,000 of your
deposit, not from the admin fee.
Spectators / Parents.
All are welcome to join us. For those who will come with must also follow
the admin and financial process.
We have always enjoyed our trips and see no reason why we cannot enjoy this
one. Venice is a great place and you will enjoy it. LET`S GO TO WHERE REAL
KICKBOXERS DETERMINE WHO THE OFFICIAL WORLD CHAMPION IS.