INFO 1: WAKO Senior World Championships 2017 Budapest, Hungary
Unique WAKO World Championships:
The WAKO Senior world championships are normally split in two different
events hosting specific styles. This year all the styles will be held in
Hungary. Due to the size of WAKO and the amount of different countries in
attendance this will be an experience of a life time.
For fighters who made the National / President Squads at the 2017 SA`s.
Should there be a national and a president`s squad member in the same
weight category the national squad member will get preference should his /
her info and deposit be in before the due date. WAKO senior championships
only allows for one fighter per weight division.
The championships will take place from 4 to 12 November 2017. We are
planning to leave on 3 November 2017 and will be returning on 13 November
2017. These times can be changed but it gives you a good indication for
Categories of Participation:
- Musical Forms, Semi contact, Light contact, Kick Light, Full contact, Low
Kick and K1.
- Seniors are participants from 19 to 40 years old in both Ring and Tatami.
- Veterans for men are ages 41 to 50 and females 36 to 45.
- These categories must be confirmed on the official invite which we have
not yet received.
– There may only be one fighter per weight division, per country. The best
of the best. This is why WAKO is the only official kickboxing organization
accepted by Sport accord and by the International World Games Association.
Taking the amount of divisions into consideration we can take a large team
to the champs. Weight divisions for the various categories can be found on
the WAKO web site.
– Every fighter must have the WAKO medical form completed by a medical
doctor confirming that he / she is fit and healthy to do kickboxing at the
world champs. No WAKO medical form no participation. Have the WAKO medical
form completed just before we leave and keep it with you to be handed in at
the weigh – in.
Every fighter must have a medical that covers you internationally. A
travel and medical insurance will be compulsory for each fighter. This
will be included in the air fare.
– Only permanent passports are accepted and a copy must be scanned and
e-mailed to me before 30 June 2017. The passport must have at least six
months or longer validity period left.
No temporary passports and should you not have a passport by this time
you will not be accommodated.
– The following are ESTIMATES and can change;
1. Air Fare; R12,500.00; This is the present estimate which includes travel
insurance, airport taxes and sport medical.
2. Entry Fee per person per division; 60 Euro per person per division.
3. Accommodation; 70 Euro per person per day in a double room. 65 Euro per
person per day in a triple room. This includes breakfast and dinner.
4. Visa to be confirmed. To most Eastern European countries you can receive
a rebate on the visa should you attend an official sport which we are
5. Clothes; Track suit, T-shirt and sports bag +/– R2,000.00. The amount of
clothes you take will determine the final price.
6. Admin fee; R1,000.00
7. Transport from the airport to the hotel and back will be 35 Euro per
person depending on the size of the group.
8. Air Fare seat deposit of R2,500.00 will be needed by 27 June 2017.
Please take note that things do go up and our Rand has become very weak.
Work on an estimate of R30,000.00 for everything. Once we receive the
official invite which includes most of the amounts I will inform you. The
first payment will be the admin fee and seat deposit.
Should a payment not be paid on the due date we will accept the
non-payment on due date as a declaration that you will no longer go
with and will lose all payments done to date. The reason for this is
that we do payments as we get the money.
– The seat deposit of R2,500.00 must be paid into Centurion Travel, ABSA
Bank, Cheque account No; 4060583206 by 27 June 2017. Your reference must be
your name and surname. Your admin fee of a R1,000 must be paid into the
Kickboxer account, ABSA, account No; 9054544918 by 27 June 2017. ONCE YOU
HAVE PAID THE DEPOSITS AND CANNOT GO NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON, YOU LOOSE
THE DEPOSITS. The reason for this is that initial expenses must be
undertaken to organize such ventures.
– Admin needed by everyone intending to go by or before 27 June 2017;
- Names and Surname
- Tel No / Fax No / Cell No / e-mail.
- Copy of permanent passport with a six month validity period at time of
departure. Scan this and mail it to me.
- Style of fighting / weight / age, the weight you give me is the weight
you fought in on the SA’s and will be fighting in, we cannot change it once
- All this must be e – mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deposit slips - All payments done must have a reference which is the name
and surname of the person going.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND PARTS OF THE ABOVE ADMIN NEEDED, SEND EVERYTHING
INCLUDING YOUR DEPOSITS TO THE CORRECT BANK ACCOUNTS.
– Should there be an instructor who has been active with SAKA and would
like to attend as a coach / manager or Referee / Judge contact me at
0837706022. President / National colours can be obtained for these
positions. PLEASE CONTACT ME PERSONALLY.
– You will be notified of any other payments as they are requested. The
next large payment is normally the full airfare. The accommodation deposit
is normally needed a bit later.
– We go as a team and return as a team. No breakaways.
- No funny money or voyager payment schemes.
- When doing a cash or cheque payment you must include the bank fees.
Once you have paid your deposits I will supply you with a sponsorship
letter should you need one. Should you need the letter earlier, pay the
deposits and send your admin earlier.
Spectators / Parents.
All are welcome to join us. For those who will come with must also follow
the admin and financial process.
We have always enjoyed our trips and see no reason why we cannot enjoy this
one. LET`S GO TO WHERE REAL KICKBOXERS DETERMINE WHO THE OFFICIAL WORLD