SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL KICKBOXING CHAMPIONSHIPS: 2018
SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL KICKBOXING CHAMPIONSHIPS: 2018
All Provinces are invited to attend the official amateur kickboxing championships with their selected provincial teams over the period 27 April to 29 April 2018. Only students and instructors from registered clubs are allowed to be part of Provincial teams. Any student or instructor not registered to SAKA will cause the disqualification of the whole province. Please provincial heads, ensure that the fighters are from registered clubs and they are trained kickboxers. The web site indicates who are registered clubs. Should the club not be on the registered list it is not a member. The provincial team members are selected fighters who had to qualify according to provincial standards. The SA`s is not an open free for all event. Please no beginners at the SA’s ( low belts ). No foreigners are allowed to be included in provincial teams, only SA citizens.
We will also be hosting a Senior Champion of Champions event in Semi Contact. The winner will be the proud owner of the SAKA Belt. Entries for this will be R100 p/p and done at the event. There must be 10 or more entries.
Purpose of the SA Championships. To determine who the official SA Amateur Champion is for 2018 per style and weight division. To select the National and President Squads for the period 2018 / 19 until the next SA`s. A Cadet and Junior National and President`s teams will be selected to attend the WAKO Cadet and Junior World Championships. Senior fighters selected to participate against Turkey later the year and other invitational teams before the next SA`s.
Place and Venue. The Championships will be held at the Swartkops Air Force Base West, Old JHB Rd, Valhalla, Pretoria.
Dates. The event will be organized as follows; Weigh-in, Opening, Official`s / Coaches meeting, Forms and AGM – 27 April at the above venue. Semi and Light Contact Tatami Sport at the Venue – 28 April. Ring Sport and Kick Light – 29 April. These dates / activities cannot be changed to suit individuals.
Tournament Organizer. Pat and Marie Carney; 083 770 6022 E mail = email@example.com
Participation. Forms, Semi Contact, Light Contact, Kick Light, Full Contact, Low Kick and K1 rule Fighting. A FIGHTER MAY ONLY DO TATAMI OR RING SPORT, NOT BOTH. Juniors under the age of 12 do not do Ring Sport. We must specialize to participate at the highest standard in the world. WAKO was accepted by Sport Accord and the IWGA as the only official Kickboxing Organization in the world on Olympic standards. Ring Sport fighters who do not have an opponent will be tested in another mode and should the fighter fair well the fighter will be placed in the Squads in his / her preferred mode. There for bring a short and long pants with.
IMPORTANT Should there not be more than 4 fighters in a tatami division the fighters will be moved to the following division. The reason being that we cannot select a fighter to represent SA if they are not properly challenged. Selections will be made according to your capability. Should you not fight in your preferred style and do well you will be selected to represent SA in your preferred style. All Ring Sport fighters will do a medical at the weigh - in. All Participants Must have done their annual SAKA medical checkup and the SAKA medical form must be signed by a medical doctor and bring along a copy thereof to the weigh – in. ( as per constitution / medical procedure) All fighters hand in a correctly completed indemnity ( draw from web ) at the weigh - in. The parents of all participants under the age of 21 must have signed their indemnities. Incorrect indemnities will not be accepted or allowed. NO INDEMNITIES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT WEIGH-IN. Have it completed and signed before you come to the SA`s. NO INDEMNITY AND MEDICAL FORM NO PARTICIPATION. Each Provincial Chairperson must also hand in the instructor`s declarations.
Weight Divisions. As per website.
Ages. Seniors are fighters between the ages of 19 and 40 years old and Veteran men are 40 to 55 years old. Veteran ladies are between the ages of 36 to 55. Cadets and Juniors are between the ages of 10 and 18 years old. Juniors younger than 10 can participate but cannot be included into international teams.
Entries. R300 per participant for one style of participation and should you participate in more than one activity you pay an extra R50 ( as per the Executive meeting minutes paragraph 5.2 ). The Champion of Champions will be R100 per person. Once you have entered there are no refunds even though you withdraw or be disqualified. Provinces must organize their teams and do their administration in advance. The Entry Form will be forwarded to the provincial chairperson and placed on the web. All administration will be the responsibility of the Provincial Chairperson of each province. Cut off dates;
1. Entry forms must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 April 2018 before 18h00. All provincial trials have already been done, there ought to be no problem.
2. Each province will pay the correct amount over into the Kickboxer account ABSA, account no 9054544918 by 23 April 2018. No payments will be accepted here after. Ensure that the provincial payment is correct as per your entry list. The feeble excuse that people are only paid by the end of the month is not acceptable. The dates of the event has been on our web since January 2018.
3. The payment for the Champ of Champs must be paid at the event.
4. Should a fighter`s weight be incorrect at the weigh–in for the division he / she will participate in, a disciplinary penalty of R200 will be payable for the change to the next weight division or be disqualified. Please weigh your students on a calibrated scale. For mistakes on the provincial entry lists the chairperson will pay a disciplinary penalty of R500 per mistake. BAD ADMINISTRATION WILL NOT BE TOLLERATED. This includes late submissions and payments by provincial chairpersons. DISCIPLINE IS OUR 2018 MOTTO.
Equipment. Only the correct equipment and clothes will be allowed. Check the web. Should you not have the correct equipment to compete in you will be disqualified. Limited amount of kit will be sold at the SA Championships as all fighters should by now have the correct kit. Please make sure to obtain kit beforehand. There will be no discussions regarding this matter. Sanctioned brands are Kickboxer, Ring Star, Chayil, Title ( not the Title head guards and toy gloves ), Shen, Kixx. Fairtex, Dragon, Addidas and Top Ten. We will be strict. For all Ring Sport styles you may only wear leather or rexon gloves.For continuous fighting and Ring Sport you must wear hand wrap under the gloves. No plasters, bandages etc. For high kick styles you wear a long kickboxing pants and for low kicking styles you wear short kickboxing pants. Ring Sport fighters must bring both pants.
Rules and Regulations. Check the web. Once a fighter is ahead by 10 points in Semi contact the contest stops. Should your fighter not have mastered the art to defend him / herself the fight will be stopped. We do Kickboxing according to WAKO Championship standards. Tatami Sport is controlled but firm contact. Please do not include beginners in your provincial teams. By doing this you are lowering the standard of your provincial colors and endangering your fighters.
Awards: Large medals for first, second and third place. Each fighter will receive a participation medal. A SAKA belt for the Champ of Champs winner. Winners of the official SA Championship divisions will receive a certificate indicating that he / she is the Official SA Kickboxing Champion for 2018. A prestigious certificate to have.
Sequence of Events;
1. Weigh – in; 27 April 2018. We will use three calibrated scales, one for Ring Sport, one for Junior Tatami and one for Senior Tatami. It will be at the venue starting at 10h00. We will not accept anyone after 11h00. No parents will be allowed in the weigh-in area only the chief provincial coach.
2. Opening; 27 April 2018. March on for all provinces at 13h00 at the venue.
3. Forms; 27 April 2018. Immediately after the march on.
4. Official`s / Coaches meeting; 27 April 2018. Start at 14h00 at the conference hall. Coach`s tags will be handed out here.
5. AGM; 27 April 2018. At 15h00 at the conference hall. Agenda points to be by me by 20 April 2018.
6. 28 April 2018; Junior Semi and Light Contact start at 08h00. Senior Semi and Light contact will not begin before 13h00. Please, seniors need not be at the hall before the time because we have limited space. You can relax until 13h00.
7. 29 April 2018; All Ring Sport ( one ring for juniors and one for seniors ) and Kick Light start at 08h00.
8. PLEASE, NO INDIVIDUAL CONTACTS ME TO HAVE THE SEQUENCE CHANGED. Me and all the people assisting me adapts our lives and work to suite the SA`s you can do the same. Should we not finish on Saturday we continue on Sunday.
Responsibilities; Each province must provide me with the names of their qualified coaches, referees and judges at the officials meeting. Provinces mentioned will be responsible to provide 2 table officials for Tatamis on 28 and 29 April as follows;
- 28 April; Eden = Floor No 1
- Northern Gauteng = Floor No 2
- North West = Floor No 3
- Central Gauteng = Floor No 4
- EP and Wineland = Floor No 5
- Limpopo and Mphumalanga = Floor No 6
- Eastern Gauteng = Floor 7
- OFS and Sebideng = Floor = 8
- 29 April; C Town and Overberg = Floor 1
- W Coast = Floor = 2
- Northern Gauteng = Floor = 3
- Eastern Gauteng = Floor = 4
- Each province must provide me with at least two Judges and Referees for Ring Sport. Western Gauteng will supply time keepers and admin staff for the 2 rings.
All Officials MUST wear the SAKA shirt and black pants. Each province must make its own official`s shirts. Make sure that your officials have been trained to do the various jobs and know the official rules. Each province must supply qualified referees and judges. Remember all instructors will be refereeing / judging.
Championship T- Shirts Will be on sale. First come first serve.
Squads will be placed on the web site as soon as possible after the SA`s. Winning a division does not mean that you will be in the National squad automatically. Fighters who have been selected for the National and the President Squads and can attend the international events must have a PERMANENT PASSPORT, Not a temporary passport. All international event information / administration will be issued in the form of Info documents on the web site after the SA`s. Do not bring Professional fighters of other organizations to this event. A first time SAKA pro may fight amateur within his first year of pro.
VERY IMPORTANT; Juniors who will be attending the WAKO World Champs must get the following ASP;
1, An unabridged Birth Certificate.
2. A permanent Passport with sufficient open pages which will be valid until March 2019 at least. Juniors turning 16 must apply for an id and a new passport.
3. Start getting all you parental / guardian authorities in line especially where parents are separated.
The Junior World Championship invite is already on the web site.
SHOULD YOU LIKE TO BE THE OFFICIAL AMATEUR SA KICKBOXING CHAMPION OR AN OFFICIAL NATIONAL FIGHTER, BE THERE.
Seeing forward to meeting everyone as friends in kickboxing. We have achieved a lot let’s take it further.