Criteria for selection to the National and Presidents Squads
- You must be a South African citizen.
- You must be a registered member of MASA and the SA Kickboxing Association.
- You must be doing the sport for at least two years.
- You must attend your major tournaments and compete in the compulsory events as listed on the year calendar to be invited to provincial trials.
- Your technical capability and fitness must be of a high standard.
- Obtaining a first position is not an automatic inclusion in one of the squads.
- The selectors will decide on who makes which squad.
- You must show the ability to compete on international level.
- Should you want to be selected in one of the full contact modes you must have participated in such a mode. Should you not have an opponent for your preferred mode, you will be tested in one of the other Ring Style modes.
- No individual can attend the SA Championships, you must come as a Province.
YOU MUST PARTICIPATE INTERNATIONALLY TO HAVE YOUR COLOURS RATIFIED. The final allocation of colours will be approved by SASCOC and not the SA Kickboxing Association. Should you want to participate internationally YOU MUST HAVE A VALID PASSPORT.