CALENDAR FOR 2019
CALENDAR FOR 2019
|NO ||DATE ||ACTIVITY ||PLACE||ORGANIZER||REMARKS |
|1||18-Jan||All Club / Gym Registrations paid to SAKA. Cost R750 per club, gym||ABSA; Acnt No 4066548593||Prov Chairperson to confirm activity ||Each chairperson to send SAKA chairperson the consolidated list.|
|2||26-Jan||Official`s Training||Regions / Provinces||Abdullah & JD||Organizers to ensure that it is done|
|3||26-Jan||Tatami Championships||Cape Town||Chairperson||Your officials course must be done before the event|
|4||26-Jan||Eden Championships /Trials||George||Chairperson||Your officials course must be done before the event|
|5||27-Jan||All sanction fees for the year`s events to be paid.||ABSA; Acnt No 4066548593||Event Organizers||Amount, R500 per event. Send proof of payment to SAKA Chairperson.|
|6||02-Feb||New Professional fighter`s testing||Pretoria and Cape Town||Pat and Josh||Compulsory for all new Pro fighters.|
|7||09-Feb||Coaches Coarse||Pretoria and Cape Town||Pat and Josh||Compulsory for all new instructors and Coaches. R250 per person. |
|8||16-Feb||First Aid Course||Brakpan||Raymond||For all Northern region instructors.|
|9||16-Feb||First Aid Course||Cape Town and George||Josh and Sors||For all Southern region instructors.|
|10||16-Feb||RCFA Event ||TBA ||Gerhard ||Style Specific Event|
|11||23-Feb||Provincial Trials||All Provinces||Chairperson||All Provincial Trials to be completed by this date. Prov arrange specific date internally.|
|12||23-Feb||Mall Event||Pretoria ||Tjolla and Pat to assist||You will be notified of the nature and which Mall.|
|13||23-Feb||Battle of the Karoo||Oudtshoorn||Ranger|| |
|14||23-Feb||Vibrant Ring Sport||Ottery, Cape Town||Dorothy||Ring Sport |
|15||23-Feb||Titan Fight League||George||Sean Norris||Under the auspices of Eden Kickboxing.|
|16||02-Mar||DTS Tatami event||Parow Valley||Alexander|| |
|17||09-Mar||Fight Girls event||Ottery||Rayana||Ring Sport |
|18||16 - 17 Mar||Great North 1||Pretoria||Pat||This event runs over two days.|
|19||30-Mar||Supreme Fight League ||Rivonia ||Marius & Morne ||Amature & Ring Sport |
|20||30-Mar||Sidokan event ||Lepalale||Henk ||Style Specific Event|
|21||06-Apr||Tiny Titans and Lady`s event.||Brakpan||Raymond||Tatami only.|
|22||06-Apr||PFC Ring||Goodwood ||Alice Ardinal||Ring Sport |
|23||4 - 7 Apr||Turkish Open||Antalya, Turkey||Pat||All activities will be made known in Jan 19. This is an Open event.|
|24||13-Apr||Tatami Team Event||Gauteng. Town TBA||Eddie Jacobsen||An inter style friendly team event.|
|25||26 - 28 Apr||SA National Championships||Oudtshoorn||Western Cape and Eden Chairpersons.||Only registered Amateur club fighters are allowed. Foreingers are not allowed to represent a province. |
|26||17 - 19 Mei||Arnold`s and Southern African Challenge.||Sandton Covention Centre.||Aslam and Pat||All detail will be made known when necessary.|
|27||25-May||Titan Fight League||George||Sean Norris||Under the auspices of Eden Kickboxing.|
|28||01-Jun||South Coast Challenge 1||George||Nantas||All Styles.|
|29||01-Jun||Tricore Ring Challenge||Kraaifontein||Ruhan||Ring Sport |
|30||01-Jun||University Challenge ||Potchefstroom ||Johan vd Schyf||Tatami Event Only |
|31||01-Jun||Sidokan event ||Meyerton ||Dave ||Style Specific Event|
|32||08-Jun||Galaxy Challenge||Kempton Park||Danie||Tatamie Sport.|
|33||08-Jun||RCFA Event ||TBA ||Gerhard ||Gauteng |
|34||13-15 Jun ||Battle of Atlanta||Atlanta , USA ||Gerhard||RCFAI Event |
|35||22-Jun||Mall Event||Pretoria||Tjolla and Pat to assist||You will be notified of the nature and which Mall.|
|36||29-Jun||Supreme Fight League ||Rivonia ||Marius & Morne ||Amature and Pro Ring Sport |
|37||29-Jun||Sidokan event ||Durban ||Henk ||Style Specific Event|
|38||06-Jul||Monkon Challenge||Kraaifontein||Matthew Lessing||Style TBA|
|39||13-Jul||Jock of the Bushveld||Baberton||Brandt||Ring and Tatami|
|40||20-Jul||Development event||George||Eden Kickboxing||Tatami Sport|
|41||20-Jul||Revolutionized Challenge||Delft||Saint Dumas||Tatami|
|42||27-Jul||Top Ten Team Challenge||Kempton Park||Aslam ||Tatami Event.|
|43||27-Jul||Titan Fight League||George||Sean Norris||Under the auspices of Eden Kickboxing.|
|44||03-Aug||Vibrant Challenge||Ottery||Dorothy|| |
|45||03-Aug||Sidokan SA Championships ||Gauteng. ||Henk ||Style Specific Event|
|46||10-Aug||Bundu Bash Challenge||Thabazimbi||Petrus||All Styles.|
|47||10-Aug||Fight Girls event||Ottery||Rayana||Ring Sport |
|48||17-Aug||Eden Interclub Challenge||George||Eden Kickboxing||Tatani|
|49||31-Aug||Great North 2||Brakpan||Raymond||Ring and Tatami Sport|
|50||31-Aug||Monkon Ring||Kraaifontein||Matthew Lessing||Ring Sport |
|51||07-Sep||Development event||Kempton Park||Willem||Tatami|
|52||07-Sep||RCFA Event ||TBA ||Gerhard||Style Specific Event|
|53||21-Sep||Mall Event||Pretoria||Tjolla and Pat to assist||You will be notified of the nature and which Mall.|
|54||27-28 Sep ||Desert Storm ||Namibia ||Gerhard||RCFAI Event |
|55||28-Sep||Revolutionized Challenge||Delft||Saint Dumas||Tatami|
|56||28-Sep||Supreme Fight League ||Rivonia ||Marius & Morne ||Amature & Pro Ring Sport |
|57||28-Sep||Tiny Titans event.||Brakpan||Raymond||Tatami|
|58||05-Oct||Vibrant Challenge||Ottery||Dorothey||Ring Sport |
|59||12-Oct||Great North 3||Pretoria ( Hangar )||Abdullah ||Tatani Sport|
|60||12-Oct||South Coast Challenge 2||George||Eden Kickboxing||Tatami and Ring|
|61||19 - 27 Oct||Senior WAKO World Championships||Bosnia and Hertzogevenia||WAKO / SAKA||Styles; K1 / LC / LK|
|62||26-Oct||Sidokan Event ||Durban || Henk ||Style Specific Event|
|63||26-Oct||Titan Fight League||George||Sean Norris||Under the auspices of Eden Kickboxing.|
|64||26-Oct||Cape Storm Event||Melkbos||Dave Venter||Tatami Sport|
|65||26-Oct||Tricore Ring Challenge||Kraaifontein||Ruhan||Ring Sport |
|66||02-Nov||SAKA Executive Meeting||Pretoria||Pat|| |
|67||02-Nov||PFC Ring||Goodwood ||Alice Ardinal||Ring Sport |
|68||09-Nov||Mall Grand Challenge Event||Pretoria||Tjolla and Pat to assist||You will be notified of the nature and which Mall.|
|69||16-Nov||Cape Town Championships||Cape Town||Chairperson|| |
|70||16-Nov||Supreme Fight League ||Rivonia ||Marius & Morne ||Amature & Pro Ring Sport |
|71||16-Nov||All Styles Colour Belt Grading||Pretoria and other Regions||Regional Style Leaders||All colour belt certificates must be obtained from Pat|
|72||23 - 30 Nov||Senior WAKO World Championships||Antalya, Turkey||WAKO / SAKA||Styles; FC / SC / KL / Forms |
|73||23-Nov||All Styles Black Belt Grading||Pretoria and other Regions||Regional Style Leaders||All BB certificates must be obtained by Pat |
|74||30-Nov||Monkon Ring||Kraaifontein||Matthew Lessing||Ring Sport |
|75||02-Dec||Fight Girls event||Ottery||Rayana||Ring Sport |
DATES CAN CHANGE SHOULD THERE BE A PROBLEM OR INTERNATIONAL ACTIVITIES
For official Amateur Rules see www.wakoweb.com and
for Professional Rules see www.wakopro.org. As
SAKA we may adapt rules / regulations to suite the South African situation.
Such changes must be authorized by the SAKA Chairperson.
ADDITIONAL REGULATIONS FOR 2019
1. We only have a limited amount of regular fighters whom cannot be at every event. It is also costly to attend all the events. However fighters must attend the major events to be selected for participation at the SA Championships.
2. The Calendar events / activities are sanctioned SAKA events. Only SAKA registered clubs may participate at the events. Should another MASA registered organization / club want to participate at our events special authority must be obtained from the SAKA Chairman. The reason for this is that these organizations / clubs do not follow SAKA medical procedures and do not pay registration fees.
3. Only SAKA sanctioned kit may be used. Acceptable makes are the following; Kickboxer, Top Ten, Addidas ( some articles are not acceptable ), Title ( the head guard is not acceptable ), Ring Star, Chayil, Shen, Fairtex, Kixx ( a new brand ) and Dragon ( a new brand ). The two new brands have been tested. To ensure that you get the correct equipment work through your instructor. Although the above equipment has been accepted the instructor and referee must ensure that the equipment is in good repair.
4. The sanctioning fee to host a calendar event must be paid into the SAKA account by 31 January 2019 ( ABSA, Acnt No 4066548593 ). The amount as decided upon at the last Executive meeting is R500.00 per event no matter what the size of the event is. The reference on the deposit must be the organizers name and the proof of deposit must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2 February 2019. Should you cancel your event the fee is not refunded. No payment no event.
5. Events must be organized as per the Events Act and must be supported by well qualified medical officials. APPLY SAKA MEDICAL PROCEDURES.
6. SAKA medical procedures must be followed strictly as per our Constitution and the summary there of on the web site.
7. Instructors who grade students as kickboxers but do not let them participate at our events must refrain from giving such people kickboxing grades.
8. Your students may participate at other MASA registered organization`s events. We may not participate at non registered organizations / clubs events. Should you do so you could be suspended from SAKA. We are family and assist one another.
9. All Professional events will be organized separate from the above and must have SAKA sanctioning. All Pro admin must be done through Josh Cloete who serves as the Pro Chairperson for SAAKA. These events may be supported by `A` class amateur fights and Super Ams.
10. Our events may not have any other form of Martial Art, Wrestling or Boxing presented at the same event. Events must be separated and managed by the separate organizations.
11. You may not participate at an international event as a member of the national team should you not have a passport whether it be in or outside the RSA.
12. Inter training events between three or less clubs need not be sanctioned because it is deemed to be special training. The medical procedures must still be followed.
13. All instructors and assistant instructors must be first aid qualified.
14. All instructors must know the WAKO rules which can be found at www.wakoweb.com.
15. You can only get official KICKBOXING colours through SAKA.
16. Instructors must ensure that all people training kickboxing have completed an Indemnity before they start their training at your club / gym.
17. INSTRUCTORS ARE RESPONSIBLE TO ENSURE THAT ALL THEIR FIGHTERS COMPLY WITH SAKA MEDICAL PROCEDURES.