CALENDAR FOR 2018
CALENDAR FOR 2017
SAKA CALENDAR 2018
|1||27-Jan||Official`s Training||Regions / Provinces||Chairpersons||Training can be done combined, liaiase with Abdullah |
|2||27-Jan||Development Event||George||Sors|| |
|3||31-Jan||Payment of All Sanctioning fees to host an event on this calendar.||Into SAKA Acnt||All event organizers||SAKA Acnt No; 4066548593 ABSA. Reference organizers name. Amount per event R500.00|
|4||03-Feb||Professional Fighters testing||Pretoria and Cape Town||Pat and Josh||Compulsory for all new Pro Fighters.|
|5||03-Feb||Tatami Event||TBA||Chantell||This will be for the Southern region.|
|6||03-Feb||Tatami Event||Hermanus||Ruhan v Romburgh|| |
|7||03-Feb||All Styles event||Paarl||Harun||Winelands area |
|8||10-Feb||Coaches Course||Pretoria and Cape Town||Pat and Josh||This is the SAKA Coaches course for all instructors and assistant instructors whom have not yet done it. Cost R250, must be paid at the venue. Each person attending must know the SAKA / WAKO rules and our Constitution. |
|9||24-Feb||All Styles event||George||Ranger|| |
|10||24-Feb||Kick Light Development Event||Pretoria||Pat||Will be hosted at the Hangar.|
|11||24-Feb||All Styles event||Delft||Sydney|| |
|12||24-Feb||Tiny Titans||Brakpan||Raymond||An event for all little ones.|
|13||03-Mar||Ring Sport Fight Night||Barn Yard||Marius and Morne||Fighters will be selected. All Guateng kickboxers and families to support.|
|14||10-Mar||Western Cape Champs||Hermanus||Ruhan v Romburgh||For all W/ Cape District teams.|
|15||24-Mar||Development Event||Langebaan||Gerals|| |
|16||24 & 25- Mar||Great North 1||Pretoria||Pat||Will be hosted at the Hangar.|
|17||31-Mar||Ring Sport Event||Bellville||Ruhan Louw|| |
|18||07-Apr||K-1 Event||TBA||Rayana||Place will be announced.|
|19||07-Apr||Northern Cape Challenge||Northern Cape||Lynette||Place will be announced.|
|20||14-Apr|| Jungle War||Parys||Gerhard||A RCFAI rules event open to all|
|21||27-29 Apr||SA Championships||Pretoria||Pat||Please arrange accommodation in advance. NO INSTRUCTOR WILL BE ALLOWED TO COACH TATAMI WE ALL WORK. I will be strict no excuses.|
|22||05-May||K- 1 Event||tba||Nicolas||Place will be announced.|
|23||12-May||Gradings||All Styles / Regions||Various Style Heads||Keep date open for the various gradings.|
|24||19-May||Tatami Event||Bredasdorp||Rodney|| |
|25||18 - 20 May||Arnold Classics||JHB||SAKA||Will be held at the Sandton Centre.|
|26||26-May||Ring Sport event||Cape Town||Dorothy|| |
|27||26-May||South Coast Challenge No 1||Eden||Phillip||For All Styles|
|28||02-Jun||Tatami event||Kempton Park||Danie du Plessis|| |
|29||02-Jun||All Styles event||Cape Town||Dave Venter|| |
|30||09-Jun||Sidokan Event||Randfontein||Henk||Should you want to know more about the style contact Shihan Henk Pelser.|
|31||09-Jun||Jock of the Bushveld||Baberton||Brandt Ehlers||This event needs support to help develop the province.|
|32||16-Jun||Tatami Event||Moorreesburg||Moenaam|| |
|33||23-Jun||Junior Fight Night||Pretoria||Louise|| |
|34||23-Jun||Tatami Event||Potchefstroom||Hein|| |
|35||23-Jun||Tatami Event||Cape Town||Dorothy|| |
|36||23-Jun||Eden inter club event||George||Eden|| |
|37||23-Jun||Wineland inter club event||Paarl||Winelands|| |
|38||30-Jun||K-1 Event||Cape Town||Neville||Ring Sport|
|39||21-Jul||Team Event||Kempton Park||Aslam||Teams will be formed for Semi, Light and Kick Light.|
|40||28-Jul||Northern Cape Challenge||Northern Cape||Lynette||hosting town to be announced|
|41||28-Jul||Winelands inter club event||Paarl||Winelands||Contact Harun|
|42||28-Jul||Tatami Event||Cape Town||DTS|| |
|43||28-Jul||Development Event||George||Eden||Contact Sors|
|44||28-Jul||Bushveld Challenge||Thabazimbi||Peet||Ring Sport|
|45||04-Aug||Fight Girls Event||Cape Town||Rayana||Tatami and Ring Sport|
|46||04-Aug||Fit Pit Challenge||Pretoria||Schalk||Tatami event.|
|47||11-Aug||Ring Sport event||Vredenburg||Pine|| |
|48||11-Aug||Ladies Cup||Hermanus||Ruhan v Romburgh||Tatami Event.|
|49||18-Aug||South Coast Challenge 2||George||Sors||All Styles34|
|50||25-Aug||Great North 2||Brakpan||Raymond||Tatami and Ring Sport.|
|51||25-Aug||Tatami Event||Cape Town||Dorothy|| |
|52||29-Aug||Womans event||Paarl||Winelands||Tatami event. Contact Harun.|
|53||01-Sep||Ring Sport Event||Bellville||Ruhan Louw|| |
|54||01-Sep||Winelands inter club event||Paarl||Winelands||Contact Harun.|
|55||08-Sep||Tatami Challenge||Kempton Park||Willem Kruger|| |
|56||08-Sep||Tatami Event||Cape Town||Chantal ( Kazoku )|| |
|57||22-Sep||Eden Championships||George||Eden||Tatami and Ring Sport. Contact Sors.|
|58||29-Sep||Fit Pit Challenge||Pretoria||Schalk||Tatami event.|
|59||29-Sep||Tatami Sport||Germiston||Alex|| |
|60||29-Sep||All Styles Event||Delft||Sydney||Tatami and Ring Sport|
|61||06-Oct||K- 1 Event||Cape Town||Neville|| |
|62||13-Oct||Great North 3||Brakpan||Abdullah||Tatami Sport and Ring Sport.|
|63||13-Oct||Tatami Event||Veldrift||Noordhoek Club|| |
|64||27-Oct||Kick Light Challenge||Pretoria||Pat||Hosted at the Hangar.|
|65||27-Oct||Tiny Titans||Brakpan||Raymond||Tatami Sport.|
|66||03-Nov||Girls Fight Night||Pretoria||Louise|| |
|67||28-Jul||Northern Cape Challenge||Northern Cape||Lynette||hosting town to be announced|
|68||27-Oct||Tatami Event||Cape Town||Dave Venter|| |
|69||27-Oct||Overberg District Championships||Hermanus||District||Contact Ruhan v Romberg.|
|70||27-Oct||Winelands District Championships||Paarl||Winelands||Contact Harun|
|71||17-Nov||Colour Belt Gradings||All Styles / Regions||Style Heads||Keep this date open for gradings.|
|72||24-Nov||Black Belt Gradings||All Styles / Regions||Style Heads||Do not grade people who are not active in SAKA.|
|73||25-Nov||Sidokan Event||Randfontein||Henk||Open to all who are interested.|
|74||01-Dec||Ring Sport Event||Cape Town|| Dorothy|| |
|75||08-Dec||K-1 Event||Cape Town||Rayana||Ring Sport|
|1||5 - 9 Apr||Turkish Open||Antalya, Turkey||SAKA||Detail will be sent to provincial heads & placed on web. |
|2||14-Apr||SA vs Canada||Canada||SAKA||Detail will be sent to provincial heads & placed on web.|
|3||15 - 17 Jun||Battle of Atlanta||USA||RCFAI||Further info must be obained from Gerhard|
|4||15 - 23 Sep||WAKO JNR World Champs||Italy||SAKA||Detail will be sent to provincial heads & placed on web.|
|5||26 - 30 Sep||Russian Open||Anapa, Russia||SAKA||Detail will be sent to provincial heads & placed on web.|
|6||29-Sep||Namibia||Namibia||RCFAI||Further info must be obained from Gerhard|
|7||19 - 24 Mar||African Champs||Camareon||SAKA||Detail will be sent to provincial heads & placed on web.|
|8||TBA||SA vs Mauritius||South Africa||SAKA||Detail will be sent to provincial heads & placed on web.|
|9||TBA||SA vs Turkey||South Africa||SAKA||Detail will be sent to provincial heads & placed on web.|
DATES CAN CHANGE SHOULD THERE BE A PROBLEM OR INTERNATIONAL ACTIVITIES
ADDITIONAL REGULATIONS FOR 2018
1. We only have a limited amount of regular fighters whom cannot be at every event. It is also costly to attend all the events. However fighters must attend the major events to be selected for participation at the SA Championships.
2. The Calendar events / activities are sanctioned SAKA events. Only SAKA registered clubs may participate at the events. Should another MASA registered organization / club want to participate at our events special authority must be obtained from the SAKA Chairman. The reason for this is that these organizations / clubs do not follow SAKA medical procedures and do not pay registration fees.
3. Only SAKA sanctioned kit may be used. Acceptable makes are the following; Kickboxer, Top Ten, Addidas ( some articles are not acceptable ), Title ( the head guard is not acceptable ), Ring Star, Chayil, Shen, Fairtex, Kixx ( a new brand ) and Dragon ( a new brand ). The two new brands have been tested. To ensure that you get the correct equipment work through your instructor. Although the above equipment has been accepted the instructor and referee must ensure that the equipment is in good repair.
4. The sanctioning fee to host a calendar event must be paid into the SAKA account by 31 January 2018 ( ABSA, Acnt No 4066548593 ). The amount as decided upon at the last Executive meeting is R500.00 per event no matter what the size of the event is. The reference on the deposit must be the organizers name and the proof of deposit must be sent to email@example.com by 2 February 2018. Should you cancel your event the fee is not refunded. No payment no event.
5. Events must be organized as per the Events Act and must be supported by well qualified medical officials. APPLY SAKA MEDICAL PROCEDURES.
6. SAKA medical procedures must be followed strictly as per our Constitution and the summary there of on the web site.
7. Instructors who grade students as kickboxers but do not let them participate at our events must refrain from giving such people kickboxing grades.
8. Your students may participate at other MASA registered organization`s events. We may not participate at non registered organizations / clubs events. Should you do so you could be suspended from SAKA. We are family and assist one another.
9. All Professional events will be organized separate from the above and must have SAKA sanctioning. All Pro admin must be done through Josh Cloete who serves as the Pro Chairperson for SAAKA. These events may be supported by `A` class amateur fights and Super Ams.
10. Our events may not have any other form of Martial Art, Wrestling or Boxing presented at the same event. Events must be separated and managed by the separate organizations.
11. You may not participate at an international event as a member of the national team should you not have a passport whether it be in or outside the RSA.
12. Inter training events between three or less clubs need not be sanctioned because it is deemed to be special training. The medical procedures must still be followed.
13. All instructors and assistant instructors must be first aid qualified.
14. All instructors must know the WAKO rules which can be found at www.wakoweb.com.
15. You can only get official KICKBOXING colours through SAKA.
16. Instructors must ensure that all people training kickboxing have completed an Indemnity before they start their training at your club / gym.
17. INSTRUCTORS ARE RESPONSIBLE TO ENSURE THAT ALL THEIR FIGHTERS COMPLY WITH SAKA MEDICAL PROCEDURES.